To all our residents – we are excited to announce that we are integrating our maintenance submission process into your current online portal used to pay rent. We hope that the process will be easier for everyone and allow for better communication moving forward. Please see how to steps below! And as always, if you have any questions please contact us at 760-322-7961.
How to Submit a Maintenance Request
1. From your online portal, you can select to request maintenance from either the homepage or the maintenance tab. Navigate to the Maintenance tab, and select Request Maintenance. If you need assistance on creating your online portal, please refer to this link: Online Portal Help
2. Enter a detailed description of the issue, upload one or more photos of the item needing attention (must select multiple photos at once from computer or camera roll), and decide whether or not to give our maintenance team permission to enter with their key, then click Submit Request. On the next screen, select when a maintenance tech can address your maintenance issue. If you choose to provide preferred times, select 3 or more time slots, then click Submit. You may also choose to give permission to enter if you cannot be available during business hours.
How to Check on a Maintenance Request
You can view the high-level status of your maintenance request on the Maintenance tab. The status will range from received to technician contacted to technician scheduled, to completed. Select Check Status for a detailed view of all communication sent to you and a status timeline of your request.
Here is a list of common maintenance issues that occur and some possible resolutions prior to submitting a support request.
AC Not Cooling
- If the air filter has not been changed in 30 days, change it. Remember per your lease the filter must be changed a minimum of every 60 days. 95% of all service calls are due to dirty air filters
- If the digital thermostat is not working check/change the battery
- Check thermostat setting – set Fan to “auto”, set system to “Cool”
- Check air handler/furnace – you should hear it “rumbling”, if not, check to make sure it is plugged in and switched on
- Check circuit breaker – make sure it is not ‘tripped’
- Check to be sure the drain line is not clogged
- Check the fan unit outside – is the fan spinning and clear of leaves and branches?
How to Replace an Air Filter
- Locate the air-intake grill that holds the filter.
- Open grill, remove the old filter.
- Replace with a new one – IMPORTANT: airflow arrow on the filter to point in the direction air is traveling (being “sucked” to).
- A clean filter will ensure your A/C is running smoothly and keep electric costs to a minimum.
Turn off Water to Toilet in Emergency
- Look for the valve which is located to the LEFT behind your toilet tank
- Turn the knob to the RIGHT (clockwise) to close the valve and stop water flow
Change Smoke Detector Battery
If you hear a chirping sound, it is likely coming from the smoke detector. This chirping sound from the smoke detector is due to the batteries needing to be replaced.
- Disconnect the smoke detector by twisting counter-clockwise
- Replace the battery with a new one (this will most likely stop the chirping)
- If it is still chirping, remove the battery and hold down the test button for 15 seconds to drain any remaining charge
- Insert the new battery and reattach to the wall/ceiling
If this doesn’t fix the problem, please submit a support request with photos of the smoke detector and its location. Do Not Remove Detector. It is required by law.