From paying rent to submitting maintenance requests, you can do it all from our convenient tenants portal. With the ability to access your account from anywhere, you can easily make payments on the go or check in from anywhere, anytime.
From your personal portal, you’ll have access to a variety of features allowing you to:
- View and pay your rent 24/7, using an ACH checking account transfer
- View and pay other associated bills from anywhere
- Set up automatic payments
- Review your rent payment history
- Submit requests for maintenance
Our portal is safe and secure, allowing you to make payments without worrying about threats. Your account is password protected, and all transactions are encrypted and securely transmitted.
Tenants ConvenienceIf you’ve ever found yourself suddenly remembering that rent is due today, but you’re out of town and far away from your rental office, your tenant portal is the answer. You can quickly and easily make online payments from anywhere, at any time. No more worrying about getting to the office during operating hours or placing your payment in a drop box. If you struggle to remember to pay your rent on time or just want to take one more thing off of your to-do list, you can even set up automatic payments and never miss a due date again!
No more worrying about missing rental payments. No more calling in to report maintenance requests, then calling back to check on their status. No more sifting through old paperwork looking for past transactions.
With our online portal, you have instant access to a variety of tenant resources to make your rental experience more convenient than ever before. From within the portal, you can view and manage:
Our property management team is always available to answer any questions about your lease terms. The full lease document is always available anytime through your online tenant portal. In an effort to provide as much information as possible, here are common questions and answers.
- Rent is due on the 1st of each month, and no later than the 3rd of each month.
- Our preferred method of payment is by logging into your tenant portal and submitting a payment online.
- We allow for a three-day grace period in receiving rent. A late fee is charged on the 4th day of the month if rent is not received by end of day on the 3rd of each month. The late fee is standardized for all properties and is a flat $100 rate added to the ledger.
- If rent is not received by the end of the 4th day of the month, our property management team must post a three-day notice to pay rent or quit. The cost to deliver such notice is $35 per occurrence. This amount represents a reasonable estimate of the cost required by our team to deliver such notice because of the failure to pay rent on time.
- If a resident wishes to terminate their lease agreement prior to the expiration date, please contact our property management team as soon as possible so that we can assist. In general, there are two options once a resident decides to terminate early:
- Resident may pay the remainder of the lease term up front and vacate the premises. In this scenario, there is no rent credit due back to the resident, but there are also no charges or fees assessed to the resident.
- Resident may request that McLean Company begin finding a new tenant to occupy the property. In this option, please keep in mind the following:
- You must contact our office and request that a new lessee is found in your place.
- You must pay an upfront early termination fee equal to one month’s rent.
- You are still responsible for all rent and utilities until the date a new lessee is found.
- Your security deposit cannot be used to cover the early termination fee or any rent due until a new lessee is found.
General Responsibilities of Residents:
- Purchasing and changing the air filter on a quarterly basis. If you require assistance, please contact our office and we can coordinate a technician to perform this service as a resident charge.
- Keeping the property in clean and sanitary condition. This includes preventing pests and other insects from entering the home.
- Minor and simple repairs such as changing light bulbs, batteries and plunging toilet.
- Abide by all laws, ordinances as well as any HOA rules and regulations. Any violations may result in a lease violation, fine and non-renewal just cause.
- Painting walls, ceilings or otherwise changing the appearance of the property in any way is not permitted. You may, however, request to our property management team in advance of your intention and we will seek approval based on the nature of the request.
Right of Entry / Inspection
McLean Company may give notice to perform an inspection of the property / unit. We will always deliver a notice of at least 24-hours to enter, and more often we will provide a courtesy notice further in advance.
How Do I log into my Tenant Portal?
The Online Portal is an easy, fast, and secure way to pay rent and other charges online, view payment history, and submit maintenance requests.
- You'll receive an Online Portal Activation email or text message from our management company. Click Activate Now in the email, or tap the link in the email, or tap the link in the text message to establish a strong password to activate your portal.
- You can also self sign up for the Online Portal at mclean.appfolio.com/connect. Click Request access to the portal and input your information.
- Bookmark, create a shortcut icon for the login page or download the mobile app so it is easy to return at any time.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your portal is activated.
Are utilities included in my rent? Am I responsible for turning on utilities?
We provide information about utilities on a per property basis. Because every property is slightly different, there is no one common answer. However, we provide information about the utilities in the property information page upon a vacancy, and it is also outlined in your lease agreement what utilities the resident will be responsible for upon move-in.
Any utilities that are resident responsibility will be required to have transferred and setup to begin on your move-in date. The utilities will not be activated unless the resident sets them up in advance.
I need a repair on my rental home. How do I submit a work order?
We encourage all maintenance requests to be submitted online through the Online Portal. We have provided information about how to submit a maintenance request on this page: https://www.rentmclean.com/maintenance-request
Once I apply to rent, can I get a refund of the application fee if I decide not to move forward, or I am denied?
No, unfortunately, once an application is processed, we cannot refund the application fee.
What are the procedures for moving in?
We have provided to view our move-in guidelines. If you have additional questions, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I smoke in my rental property or anywhere on the property?
No. McLean Company does not permit smoking in our rentals or anywhere on the rental property.
Where can I find Properties Available for Rent?
Please see our available properties online at (click here)
Where is your office located?
We are located at 2500 North Palm Canyon Drive, Suite B5, Palm Springs CA 92262. Our office hours are M-F 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Where can I get a copy of my lease?
Please login to your resident portal here (link) and on the home tabe you will see a section labeled “Current Lease” with an option to download as a PDF.
Who is the water company, electrical provider and gas provider?
Please see our Utility guide here (insert link)
How long before my lease end date before I receive a lease renewal?
We begin our lease renewal process approximately 100 days from lease expiration. We will first send you a reminder by email of your upcoming expiration and then a formal renewal offer. All renewals are for one-year terms.
Do you offer month-to-month options at renewal?
Yes, under limited circumstances. You may ask the property manager sending you the renewal offer about the availability of converting the lease agreement into a month to-month. However, our policies require that the month-to-month arrangement agreement last no longer than 6 months.
Is there a charge for a lease renewal?
Yes, we charge the resident a $50 renewal fee for annual lease renewals. If we agree to a month-to month limited arrangement, there is a $150 fee for that option.
How do I add or remove a person on the lease agreement?
Contact our property management team by email at email@example.com with the specific request. There is a one-time $100 fee to amend the lease agreement.
Can I have a pet?
Yes, certain properties are property friendly. Our property descriptions will always include if the property is pet friendly or not. If you are seeking to add a pet after taking occupancy, please contact our property management team so that we can seek approval from the property owner. You are not allowed a pet unless there is an addendum signed to the lease agreement.
Are there any pet fees?
Yes, once a pet is approved for the property, we will send a lease addendum that specifies the rules and responsibilities that come with adding a pet to the property. In addition, there is a one-time $200 pet application fee and a $300 increase to the security deposit per pet.
How do I give notice to vacate and how many months’ notice do you require?
We require our residents to provide a 60-day notice to vacate prior to the end date of your lease agreement. The notice can be submitted online through your resident portal. Alternatively, you can send us a written notice to our Palm Springs office location.
How do I Move-Out
Please see our detailed page on move-out procedures here (link).
When will I receive my security deposit refund?
We will return all security deposits within 21 days from move-out. We will also send courtesy emails in advance about making sure to provide us with your forwarding address.